Why should you attend the four-schools 60th birthday bash?
The Class of 1969 was one of the largest, if not the largest, group from the Baby Boomer generation and was always looked upon as very unique and special. Many of our lives have fatefully crossed paths while in high school, in college, and during the past 42 years. How many times have you met, worked with, or was somehow connected to someone for years before you discovered that he/she was a 69 grad? Sometimes even from your own school!
This birthday bash will provide an opportunity meet, network, and talk stories with more people from this special group to enjoy and relive many of the experiences that only 69 grads can relate to. More importantly, most of us still have our faculties functioning reasonably well. We don't know how it'll be by our 70th birthday.
If you were one of those who "blew your mind in sixty-nine," come on down and see if you can find it!
And what can you look forward to seeing there:
- Class of 1969 alumni from Kaimuki, Kalani, McKinley, and Roosevelt High Schools.
- Live oldies music by the Beat Boys. Dance if you like ... show your oldies moves.
- A casino for those who will not be able to attend the November Las Vegas trip and also for those who are attending and wish to "hone" your skills and enhance your luck.
- Pupu buffet (food, food, food)
- Door prizes. Don't know exactly what kind of prizes will be given out but they could include our infamous KHS Off Campus Lunch Passes.
- Most of all camaraderie, goodwill, and lots of fun.
- All this for just $60
For more information and to sign-up, contact your Kalani High 1969 Alumni Committee by email at email@example.com or call Joanne Amioka Chikuma at (808)235-3755.